Now ISO 9001:2000 Certified Company
604 S3, Prabhat Kiran,
Rajendra Place, New Delhi – 110 125
HurrfI Offer Valid Till March 10,2016 Only
- While what you apply/ to your skin is .an essential part / of your skincare regime, what you eat are / of equal importance.
- while what you apply
- to your , skin is an essential part
- of your skincare regime, what you eat are
- of equal importance.
- No error
- Infuse a sense of / joy and enthusiasm / into your daily work/ to make it more interesting.
- Infuse a sense of
- joy and enthusiasm
- into your daily work
- to make it more interesting.
- No error
- The Minister praised the / record voter turnout, and calling it / a victory for democracy irrespective / of the outcome.
- The Minister praised the
- record voter turnout, and calling it
- a victory for democracy irrespective
- of the outcome.
- No error
- Professionals with/knowledge of child rights/alone should be appointed/ on child protection units.
- Professionals with
- knowledge of child rights
- alone should be appointed
- on child protection units.
- No error
- While the students of the school / are gearing up to learn a new language,/ those already learning the language / are a perturb not.
- While the students of the school
- are gearing up to learn a new language,
- those already learning the language
- are a perturb not.
- No error.
- The two brothers were / caught while trying / to steal gift packets /from a marriage hall.
- The two brothers were
- caught while trying
- to steal gift packets
- from the marriage hall.
- No error
- Gift lenders are / keenly studying RBI’s guidelines / as several about these can soon apply / for licences for small banks.
- Gift lenders are
- keenly studying RBI’s guidelines
- as several about these can soon apply
- for licences for small banks.
- No error
Directions (Qs. 36 to 40) : In these questions the given sentence has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for the blanks which best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole:
- Parents need to encourage their
children to look______ the traditional
fields so that a passion can be__ into
- beyond, developed
- outside, moved
- along, blossom
- besides, pushed
- within, matured
- In an____ to save farmers from
vagaries of Monsoon, the government
will soon____ villages with the nearest
sources of water.
- event, join
- efforts, link
- endeavour, assign
- attack, allot
- attempt, connect
- green and black tea are
obtained from the same plant, there are quite a few significant differences them.
- Although, attaching
- Since, among
- However, in
- Though, between
- Because, across
- Sports leagues have____ sports
like Kabaddi, Football and Tennis a leg
up but that may not be_________ to
transform Indian sport.
- sent, sufficient
- thrown, ample
- given, enough
- set, much
- shown, adequate
- Time and again, worried analysts
have __________ of trouble, as debt
laden and spendthrift consumers are to rein in their spending.
- Thought, eager
- alarmed, force
- wondered, armed
- cautioning, likely
- warned, unwilling
Direction (Qs. 41 to50) ;In the given passage there are blanks, eachofwhich has been numbered. Against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.
According to a report on 1991, there were about 5.4 billion people in the world. From 1990 to 1991, the population increased by 95 million and now has continued to grow at that rate. This may …(41)… to be new danger, but if one were to think of it as a pond doubling its amount of lily pads for 40 days, they would see it …(42)… It will start out with one lily pad, the next day it will have two and on the 39th day it will be …(43)… filled. The Earth’s population is doubling every 40 years. We don’t want to wait until the 79th year to … (44)… our problem or else humankind will not have enough time to change the inevitable …(45)… that come widi overpopulation.
An expert on the subject believes the impact on the environment is equal to the population multiplied by the affluence, which means the amount of energy and food supplv the population …(46)… Therefore, with a larger population, there is a …(47)… impact on the Earth’s water, air and land. A common problem, that people think is with overpopulation is …(48)… out of space to live, but there are also many other environmental predicaments that it …(49)… More people use more cars, needs more firewood, drink more water. This causes more air population, more land utilisation and more water … (50)… Therefore, population control is necessary on an international level in order to protect our environment.
- (a) appear (b) seems
(c) apparent (d) figure
- (a) accusingly (b) differendy (c) faithfully (d) feet
- (a) completely (b) subdy
(c) forever (d) litde
- (a) answer (b) support
(c) elevate (d) fix
- (a) obstacles (b) high
- doom (e) collisions
- 46. (a) assembles (b) makes
‘(c) consumes (d) follows
- (a) minuscule (b) regular (c) enhanced (d) alternate
- (a) going (b) be
(c) running (d) not
- (a) results (b) creates
(c) hampers (d) causes
- (a) table (b) availability
(c) sources (d) reception
_____ (e) depletion